Our New C-19 Safety Measures
2020 is the year of the staycation and there is no better time to explore the beauty and wonder that is right on our doorstep. If you’re considering Kilkenny for your hotel break this year but are apprehensive about hotel safety measures, we are here to put your mind at ease. Our guest’s safety and wellbeing has always been our top priority but never more than now. We have put in place many new Covid-19 specific safety measures to ensure our guests always feel comfortable and at ease in the hotel. These measures not only uphold the high standards we have always had for service and hygiene but comply with all government and HSE regulation.
Our Covid-19 Hygiene Measures
Did you know the Hoban Hotel stayed open during the pandemic to house essential workers, long-term residents and those who needed accommodation for reasons other than tourism? Remaining open has given us the opportunity to adapt and perfect our new hygiene standards while maintaining a high level of service to all our guests and ensuring our teams are protected. Some of these changes include:
- A sufficient supply of hand sanitisers, gloves, masks, paper towels and disinfectant materials for the protection of our guests and staff.
- Ongoing employee training and communications to ensure each staff member has reliable up to date information about our procedures and policies.
- Signage in public spaces and bathrooms to inform users of good hand hygiene practices, respiratory hygiene and cough etiquette.
- Additional cleaning of public areas and frequently touched surfaces (door handles/reception desk/elevator buttons) using products which are proven to be effective in killing the virus. This is undertaken by staff who have been specifically rostered to implement best practice procedures.
- Reviewed and adjusted guidelines for sanitising guestrooms with special attention given to high touchpoints. Property linen serviced through a reputable external company complying with all government guidelines.
- We’ve re-organised our restaurant and bar areas to give more space between diners.
- We have implemented screens on our reception desk and contactless card payments are the preferred method of payment.
- We ask that our guests follow healthcare and government guidelines regarding personal hygiene and respiratory etiquette.
We welcome suggestions as to how we can make your experience more comfortable. If you notice something that we could improve on, please let a member of staff know and we will consider your suggestion.
Hygiene and cleanliness has always been a top priority for Hoban Hotel. For the comfort and safety of our guests and staff, we have taken our measures one step further by employing the use of a the Steri-7 Xtra bio-misting system with Reactive Barrier Technology. This innovative system uses Reactive Barrier Technology with a specialised micro emulsion which provides an optional sustained release system, meaning it is also effective between cleans and continues to kill pathogens up to 7 days after application. The fogging system is used inside all guest bedrooms, all public areas, restaurant areas, bar and our back of house. The chemical used is non-tainting, odour-neutralising and safe to use on food surfaces. It is completely harmless to people.
Our Open Spaces
The best way to fight the spread of Covid 19, aside from hand washing and respiratory etiquette, is to stay apart. Hoban Hotel has plenty of space both in our lobby and public areas and outside on our newly designed and airy terrace for relaxing and dining. After a day of adventuring in Kilkenny, make use of our restaurant, where we have created space between tables and adapted our service as per best practice guidelines. No need to battle a crowded city centre restaurant when you have top quality, freshly prepared food right here in your home from home.
Hoban Hotel is located on the edge of Kilkenny city, an ideal location to explore what Kilkenny has to offer without the hustle and bustle of a city centre hotel. We are easily accessible to the main Cork, Dublin and Waterford roads so you can easily extend your sightseeing to other parts of Ireland’s Ancient East. Contact us via phone, email or book our best available rates online today. We look forward to welcoming you back to Hoban Hotel and wish you a safe and pleasant stay in Kilkenny.
WE'RE A STAY AND SPEND
The Hoban Hotel Kilkenny is registered for the Revenue Commissioner Stay and Spend tax credit scheme.
Plan a stay with us between 1st October 2020 & 30th April 2021 and claim up to €125 tax credit back on your accommodation and meals through the Failte Ireland Stay and Spend initiative.