Caring for our guests and employees is always our priority. While we have consistently maintained high standards of hygiene at the Hoban Hotel, we have implemented additional measures in response to Covid-19. These measures are in place to mitigate any potential risks and follow the recommended guidelines from health authorities and are under ongoing review.
As Covid-19 continues to impact the global community, we would like to keep you informed about the procedures and protocols we have introduced within the Hoban Hotel Kilkenny. Based on guidance from local authorities and The World Health Organisation, we have taken specific steps to ensure the safety and welfare of our guests, employees and suppliers. Please read on to see what we are doing and how here at the Hoban Hotel Kilkenny, we can offer a safe environment for guests.
Thank you for your continued co-operation during this challenging time and your support of the Hoban Hotel Kilkenny.
If you have any further questions, please get in touch.
Management & Staff at the Hoban Hotel Kilkenny
Why has your property remained open?
We are still providing a service for our long-term residents and for those who are classed as essential workers and have been staying with us for many years. To them, we are their second home and we really appreciate this. In line with advice from health authorities and government, we are also accepting bookings from essential workers. If you are an essential worker and need further about the range of different accommodation we can offer, please contact us direct on 056 7783 100.
Are you accepting new bookings?
We continue to accept new reservations, only for essential workers and displaced travellers. If an individual is unable to confirm their stay falls inside these criteria, then we reserve the right to refuse check-in. We are offering preferential rates to all essential workers during this time.
What measures have been implemented to protect your staff and guests?
We take standards for hygiene and cleanliness very seriously and are proactively implementing additional hygiene procedures and precautions to ensure that the highest possible standards are upheld throughout every area and service which the hotel provides, for its guests as well as our own team. We are committed to playing our part in trying to prevent Covid-19 from escalating. We ask that our guests do the same and follow healthcare and government guidelines regarding personal hygiene, respiratory etiquette and Covid-19. We have listed our Guest Journey through our hotel which will outline measures taken for each step, please see below.
While the situation is still evolving rapidly, we know it is important to be prepared to deal with any escalation in the spread of the virus and have the following actions in place:
- Sufficient supply of hand sanitisers, gloves, masks, paper towels and disinfectant materials in all properties
- Comprehensive employee communications policy to ensure reliable, up-to-date information is communicated to employees and to clarify procedures and policies around mitigating the risks associated with Covid-19
- Posters in public bathrooms to inform of good hand hygiene, respiratory hygiene and cough etiquette
- Additional tissues available in public areas
- Additional cleaning of public areas and frequently touched surfaces (door handles / reception desk / elevator buttons) – using products which are effective in killing the virus
- Property linen serviced through a reputable external company complying with all government guidelines
- We have identified all common touch points and have implemented a thorough sanitisation of these points
- Extra public area staff have been rostered to ensure regular sanitising of commonly touched surfaces
- Our internal communications platforms are ensuring efficient flow of protocols and updates
- We have circulated health authority guidelines on personal hygiene and travel arrangements to all employees
- We have implemented full procedures for sanitising guestrooms including all touch points e.g. remote controls, handles, light switches
- We are committed to providing the additional manpower required to implement best practice procedures
- We are committed to playing our part in trying to prevent Covid-19 from escalating
- We ask that our customers do the same and follow the health authority and government guidelines regarding personal hygiene and Covid-19
- We’ll give you the elbow rather than a handshake
- We’ve re-organised our restaurant and bar areas to give more space between people
- We have implemented screens on our reception desk
- Contactless cards are preferred at payment points
I have an upcoming reservation with you, what should I do?
We are no longer accepting leisure bookings or non-essential worker bookings until the 20th of July 2020.
We are only accepting bookings from essential workers or displaced travellers.
If you have a reservation and you are not able to travel, please contact us to reschedule or cancel your booking now.
How can I cancel my booking?
If you have an existing reservation and need assistance in rescheduling or cancelling your reservation, please send us an e-mail or telephone with your request and we will contact you as soon as possible.
We recommend that guests who have booked through an online platform, travel agencies or other third-party providers contact their booking provider for further assistance.
What are you doing if a guest or staff member become unwell?
Each team member has been fully briefed on how to approach guests that may be unwell or are self-isolating, and we remain in close daily contact with each team member to ensure they remain in good health. If employees or an immediate family member does not feel well, the order is to stay at home and clarify any medical condition before returning to work.
Should a guest present with any symptoms of or feel unwell during their stay, we kindly ask them to stay in their room and contact local health authorities, who will provide further instructions and assist with medical needs. We ask any guest who is feeling unwell to telephone Front Desk and inform them.
If a guest becomes unwell, we will liaise with them to get a list of their requirements e.g. meals, medical needs, extra linen, etc. All items requested by the guests (throughout self-isolation) will be left outside the door for the guest to take, whilst wearing a mask.
Each of our properties has a full list of protocols to follow should a colleague or guest become ill.
Symptoms to look out for include:
- A cough
- Shortness of breath
- Breathing difficulties
- Fever (high temperature)
Consider the following advice on how to protect yourself from COVID-19 infection.
Wash hands properly and regularly:
Before and after eating or drinking
After going to the toilet, nose blowing, sneezing or coughing
After cleaning procedures, handling waste and waste bins
After handling contaminated (dirty) items
Whenever hands become visibly dirty
If in contact with a sick person, especially those with respiratory symptoms
Cover mouth when coughing and sneezing:
Cover nose and mouth with disposable tissues – if you don’t have a tissue, cough or sneeze into your arm or sleeve (not hand)
Place used tissues into a sealed bin – wash your hands
Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth if your hands are not clean
Review travel guidance from your own country’s Department of Foreign Affairs and the Irish Department of Foreign Affairs
Can I visit my friend who is staying in your property?
Following government guidelines, we can only allow residents to gain entry to our properties. Non-residents will not be able to visit or gain access to our properties at this time.
How are you ensuring social distancing?
We have introduced a ‘no-touch’ housekeeping service, where guests can request a no service with linen to be left at their door. We also have strict measures in place across all of our public areas including bar, restaurant and lobby areas.
Guest Journey through our hotel
Entrance doors consist of both automatic and push button, all touch point areas continuously sanitised using chemicals as recommended by our preferred supplier Ecolab.
Screens at our reception desk
Check-in process remains as contactless as physically possible, credit card pin pads sanitised after use
Key cards are sanitised after every use
Journey to your room
We have three sanitising stations on the ground floor, when entering the hotel, at guest lifts and at entrance to the Restaurant
Our designated public area hygiene specialist will be clearly seen keeping our ground floor cleaned and sanitised throughout the day, this includes all high touch points e.g. lifts, lift buttons, doors and door handles, front desk areas with particular care and attention to our main public bathrooms.
Guest Lift are single use, again adhering to social distancing procedures.
Entering your bedroom
Bedroom doors including handles are sanitised after each departure so will be fully sanitised upon arrival.
All our bedrooms are cleaned to the highest standards but as part of our continued effort in the fight against covid-19 we will now focus on sanitising high touch points immediately following our usual deep clean as follows:
- Switches & Controls including all lighting, electrical sockets, TV Remote Controls, Hair Dryers, and temperature controllers
- Food service items including any crockery, cutlery, glasses, cups, saucers, coffee machines, tea & coffee stations.
- Surfaces including vanity, tables, work desk, lockers, headboards
- Door Handles including main door, drawers, curtain pull handles.
- Wardrobe items including hangers, safes, irons & boards, trouser press, literature etc..
- All bathrooms including surfaces, taps, shower controls, baths, shower rails, toilet seat, toilet flush, towel rails
- All in room amenities including bulk dispensers, individual toiletries, tissue boxes, feminine hygiene, soap trays, tea trays, coffee & tea sachets
- Our linen is serviced externally through a very reputable Linen company who are held to the highest standards of treating bed linens. Our duvets and pillows are cleaned covered at all times with fresh mattress/pillow protectors and are chemically cleaned on a regular rotation.
Availing of all we have to offer
Our facilities will be open in line with Government directives. We will continue to keep up to date with all information on scheduled opening times and will react to this information to keep both our employees and Guests safe.
We will limit the amount of guest amenities in guest rooms to ensure we are adhering to our strict cleaning and sanitising policies; this will also include in room servicing. Our staff will only service a room if the guest has vacated prior to the time the cleaning is due to take place. We will also limit our contact time in each room during a multi night stay. We are also happy to supply fresh towels and toiletries should you wish to have a contactless stay. Please let us know your preference at booking or arrival.
Restaurant & Bar
We will continue to work with HSE and Environmental Health Guidelines for food service in our restaurant.
We offer a call and collect restaurant service to allow our guests to avail of in-room dining should that be their preferred option
We also operate restaurant service for breakfast, lunch and dinner. We offer table service only whilst adhering to strict social distancing measures in place throughout our ground floor areas.
In line government directive our main bar is closed until further notice, we are offering limited beverages during our dining service.
Meeting Room Facilities
We continue to offer meeting room facilities depending on the number of attendees, we will only offer meeting room space where social distancing measures can be properly adhered to.
All meeting room furniture will be properly sanitised after every use along with all counters & equipment. We will no longer have blotting pads/pens on tables to ensure a sanitised work area. These items will be available on request.
Staff will service meeting rooms during breaks but only when occupants have left the room.
Breaks including teas and coffee can be served in the room
Working lunches available to be served to the room
We can also offer restaurant dining, but this must be pre-booked to ensure social distancing policies can be adhered to.
Time to say goodbye
We offer express check out service for a contactless check out, guests can also avail of an e-check out and all correspondence will be conducted over email on condition your booking is pre-paid online.
Plan your next trip
Please take the time to let us know of your experience, we will of course keep you updated of any special offers available, simple opt in when signing your registration card and you will be kept up to date.
1801 restaurant and bar is open throughout the day from early breakfast to late night drinks.
Chat with colleagues after a busy day or kick back in the comfort of your own room with a mouth watering pizza.
Whatever takes your fancy.
Lowest Rate Guaranteed
always €5 cheaper per night
You won't get a better deal on any other website, GUARANTEED.
When you book on this website, you will always get the lowest rate and we'll treat you to a free drink.