Protecting the environment
We understand the importance of sustainability and preserving our environment, so we have implemented some ideas here at the Hoban Hotel to try reduce our impact on the environment. We have put together some information on all of the initiatives we are putting into practice here from the general running of our building to the daily maintenance and operations within the hotel.
We are delighted to be working with green tourism and have been awarded silver status accreditation. They operate a certification programme which recognises the commitment of tourism businesses who are actively working to become more sustainable. Their environmental assessors work with us to give professional advice on areas such as:
- Reducing energy use.
- Saving water.
- Efficient & eco-friendly waste disposal.
- Ethical buying.
- Staying local & seasonal.
- Minimising food miles.
- Promoting biodiversity.
We have implemented little changes throughout our hotel building to reduce our impact on the environment where possible.
- We have double glazed windows throughout our building.
- There is sensored lighting in all public areas except the lobby, bar and restaurant.
- The electricity in our guest rooms cuts out within one minute of guests removing their room key.
- We have a well onsite for our water.
We always try to support good causes as best as we can. We enjoy partnering with local charities to run coffee mornings to help raise funds. Previously, we have donated money to Pieta House and our team enjoying getting involved with Darkness Into Light.
We also partner with Beyond The Moon. They offer families with a seriously ill child the opportunity to enjoy a memorable, cost-free vacation in a child-friendly environment and to spend carefree quality time together, far away from hospitals and treatments.
We are apart of PREM Group who have recently hosted their charity golf day where all raffle contributions were donated to the Irish Red Cross Ukraine Crisis Appeal.
We have integrated small initiatives into our daily operations in the hotel to minimise overuse and waste.
- We segregate all waste: food, recycling and general.
- We use large batch chemicals with automatic dispensers to ensure over-use and waste is minimised.
- All lights are on motion sensors in the corridors.
- Meeting rooms lights and air conditioning are turned on as late as possible for guests arrival and on departure staff ensure that all electrical items are off.
- Our conference facilities use paper pads and pencils and we reuse these as much as possible.
Maintenance and Cleaning
We try to be as environmentally conscious as possible throughout our daily maintenance and cleaning activites in the hotel.
- We have all chemicals on automatic dispensers to minimise excess dosage.
- Our Housekeeping team are trained to ensure electricity items are off in bedrooms.
- We encourage guests to be as environmentally friendly as possible when staying with us so we offer stayover guests the opportunity to reuse towels.
- Our bathroom amenities are available through wall mounted dispensers instead of single use individual bottles.